The Baptist Church Sangha is the oldest and largest Protestant denomination in Bangladesh. Its origins go back to the work started by Dr William Carey in 1796. Later, Baptist Missionary Societies from New Zealand and Australia began working in East Bengal (now Bangladesh)..
From then on the Baptist Missionaries came to Kolkata in different occasions and directed the Missionary activities to India and East Bengal from Sreerampur. In continuation of this in Sadamahal, Dinajpur, Bangladesh the first Baptist Church was founded in 1806 in cooperation with BMS’s Missionary Ignatius Fernandez.
In order to develop a better management and cooperation among the church a SANGHA was established in 1922 by the several Baptist Churches in Bengal by the inspiration of the BMS Missionary and in 1935 this SANGHA turned into ‘Bengal Baptist Union’ being attached with BMS address of which was 95 Eliott Road, Kalkata-16.
|Anchalik (Regional) Baptist Church Sangha
|Total Number of Churches
|Prayer for revival among the existing churches.
|Financial assistance for theological students, who enrolled in B.Th. Program at College of Christian Theology Bangladesh (CCTB) and further students for MA in Christian Studies.
|Financial assistance to buy a piece of land and build new Church building in each village where a church is already established, to conduct regular church services.
|School facilities. In many places children don’t get the opportunity to get proper education.
|Financial assistance to set up a discipleship training centre, where young people, women & layleader can get spiritual input and training in basic Christian disciplines.